Register to be a Service Provider
Thank you for your interest in being a service provider for Sunday October 14th click here to register
Why become a service provider?
Services are the core of Homeless Connect. Providing on-site services free of charge in one place, on one day, ensures that more people in need have greater access to help and support.
Services we currently include:
- Dental Care
- Hair Cuts
- Foot Care
- Chiropractic Care
- Birth Control
- Indigenous Services
- Free Edmonton Public Library Cards
- Pre-natal Support
- Tax Preparation
- Housing Information
- Employment & Training Services
- Immunizations (Fall Event)
- Mental Health Assessments
Service Provider FAQ
1. NOTES FOR SERVICE PROVIDERS
Service providers should arrive prior to 9:00 am, and are expected to send 1 representative from your area to a Service Provider briefing at 9:30 near the Information table. This quick meeting provides an overview of the event, and shares pertinent information for service providers.
Your set-up should be complete by 9:30 am, as guests enter the hall and begin accessing services promptly at 10 am. All services are expected to be at their booth space until 3:00 pm. If for some reason your organization can't maintain your booth until 3:00 pm please contact Deborah Harmacy, Event Coordinator via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Each service provider will be provided with a 10 x' 10' booth space, 1 six foot table with 2 chairs. Service providers are responsible for all other aspects of their booths such as signage, information, equipment, staff and/or volunteers.
Please wear a name tag. If your organization does not provide name tags, Homeless Connect tags will be available at the Information Booth.
If you are gathering information about guests / clients served at your booth, please consider sharing the public component of this information to assist us in compiling a report on the event.
Guests have the opportunity to visit as many services as they want.
The event runs from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Service Providers will have access to the Shaw Conference Centre starting at 7:30 am onward on the morning of the event. All Service Providers must be set-up and ready by 9:30 am If you require additional set up time, please contact Deborah Harmacy in advance of set up day email@example.com.
Limited free parking is available on the south side of the Shaw Conference Centre, near Louise McKinney Park. There are also parkades, parking lots and parking meters nearby. Some street parking is free on Sundays.
4. GENERAL OVERVIEW OF THE DAY
- Volunteer Greeters will welcome guests at the main entrances to Shaw Conference Centre and direct them to registration area in Foyer of Hall A-B-C.
- At the Registration Desk, a volunteer will ask each guest a few questions and a fill out a short survey. Guests will be asked to identify their top three services they would like to access and this will be noted a Service Choices form. The Services Choices form a list of the services and map layout of the room will be provided to each guest.
- Once the registration is completed, guest will then line up for access to the Service Area, upon entering the Service Area guests will receive a care package with toiletries and be matched with a volunteer Guide who will accompany the guest to their service choices.
- Volunteer Guides will help guests and ensure that all prioritized activities or services have been addressed.
- Guests will have the opportunity to get coffee/ tea and snack upon entering the Service Area. A free lunch and access to snacks and beverages will be available for all guests, service providers, and volunteers.
- Event Volunteers will be identified by blue t-shirts, Service Providers are in Green t-shirts, and Event Security will be in Orange t-shirts and will be positioned throughout the hall. Anyone is a Yellow or Blue T-Shirt is able to answer questions and direct guests.
- When guests have completed their stay at the event, they will be asked to complete a short exit survey for event feedback.
- We will also be collecting feedback from service providers and volunteers. Please share any notes you have about the day.
- Indigenous Elders will offer two traditional smudging ceremonies at 11:00 am and 1:15 pm near the Buffalo Statue (Outside the Main Hall at the south doors) we encourage our Service Provider to join if you time allows.
For questions about being a service provider, or about the event, please contact:
Deborah Harmacy, Homeward Trust Edmonton